Wellness Mama Essential Oil Bug Spray
WELLNESS MAMA BUG SPRAY INGREDIENTS:
- Essential oils: choose from Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Cedar, Catnip, Lavender, Mint
- Natural Witch Hazel
- Distilled or boiled Water
- Vegetable glycerin (optional)
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BUG SPRAY:
- Fill spray bottle (I used 8 ounce) 1/2 full with distilled or boiled water
- Add witch hazel to fill almost to the top
- Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin if using
- Add 30-50 drops of essential oils to desired scent. The more oils you use, the stronger the spray will be. My personal favorite mix is: Rosemary, Clove, Cajeput, Lavender, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus… it works great and smells good too!
Chicken and Andouille Gumbo
There is not really a recipe to follow, use what you have in your fridge. I try to keep andouille in the freezer because it is the only ingredient I don’t generally have on hand.
You will need:
Chicken (I prefer dark meat) andouille sausage, bell pepper, onion, celery, tomato sauce, oil, flour, cajon seasoning or use your own, chicken stock.
Put a little oil in the bottom of you pan and sear the chicken (on the bone) skin side down. Turn it a couple times, and once the skin has rendered a little bit, pull it out and add your diced celery, onion and pepper. I also use a 1/2 a link of sausage with the veg and chop it real small and cook it with the veggies. It will almost melt and will season your soup. Cook this until the veggies get tender, then add some flour. I just sprinkle some over the veggies, the professionals say to use equal parts oil and flour, but since I don’t measure my oil I just eye ball the flour. I am sure the Fab Food Fairy could help. Once you cook out the flour a bit, add the chicken stock. I use what I have on hand, also something I keep in the freezer. Today I added a can of tomato sauce, sometimes I use tomato paste and some water. You really can’t mess this up.
I then add the partially cooked chicken and chopped andouille to the pot. Then turn it on low and walk away. After a few hours your house will smell awesome. When it starts to smell really good, pull the chicken out and let it cool. Once cool, pull the meat and put it back in the pot. Some people cook their rice directly in their gumbo, but my husband prefers to have is gumbo over rice. If you are going to cook the rice in the gumbo put it in earlier than you think you need to, it takes rice a long time to cook on low.
So being that I put this together in the morning, let it sit all day in my favorite pot, and fill the house with love, I was free from 4-5 (my usual cooking time) so we went to the pool. Happy Gumbo Day.